1.5.14

swimsuit season | can you stay up to see the dawn?


Summer is here! in my country, at least. In other countries, summer is fast approaching. Which is why i've decided to put up some sort of a dream swimsuit list. If you're looking for styles to fit your body, shape, or just unique styles, then read on!

What's a swimsuit article without a few beach essentials to start with? Here are some of mine!

First thing's first: if you have a little bit more going on upstairs (like me), Bandeau (strapless) bikinis are probably not gonna work for you. The truth is that no matter how cute they are, your body type just isn't designed to keep them up. Instead, get something with good support and LOTS of cover-up to keep them ninnies in place. Brands like Triangl and Roxy are of the best quality and very supportive. I don't own a Triangl bikini yet myself, but I've tried one on. A little bit on the pricey side, yes, but worth it if you ask me.

If you have a medium to borderline flat chest, then by all means, go for bandeau bikinis! Your body can pretty much support any type of bikini top, but I always adored bandeau bikinis but never have the chance to wear them. Triangl also has one of the best support systems in terms of bandeau bikinis. Lisa Marie Fernandez has some of my favorites as well. If you're looking for one on the cheaper side, check out the H&M or Victoria's Secret swimsuits. I always liked the look of fresh white or pastel colored bandeau bikinis, especially if you're tanner than most. If your skin is really white, I suggest a darker color like navy, red, or black.

If you're not sure about your body type, play it safe: a one piece. I always felt dowdy and childish in a one piece swimsuit, but that's because I didn't really look. Brands like American Apparel and Lisa Marie Fernandez have some top notch cute one pieces. Perfect for a day at a indoor pool, a family-friendly beach trip, or perhaps you're a girl who is just isn't ready to bust out in full confidence in a bikini.



9 comments:

  1. Great pieces! I should get me a new bikini for next summer, so I think I need to take a look for these Triangl-bikinis :)

    -Katherine
    highheeledconfusion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all these! ive been eying a triangl one

    The Anatomy of Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! I love the swimsuits. They're so cute and I love this song by Vampire Weekend :)

    I nominated you for the Liebster Award by the way!! The post is here xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!! I love all these. Joined your site hope you could with mine too!!

    I'd love to hear something from you!

    http://bleusdelalune.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the saltwater sandals!
    xx
    Brooke Jordan
    Pineapples & Daisies

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Moschino one! So cute! Thanks for recommending x

    cranberrydeer.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow i absolutely love your selection <3
    triangl bikinis are so cool & pretty a well! i have a neon-orange myself:)

    lots of love xx
    Nee from ROSECANDLE11

    ReplyDelete

What's up, Ketchup? I read each and every one fo your comments, and I appreciate them always.